Thank you for considering joining Pack 14. We have an active Cub Scout program combining adventure with a relaxed South Austin atmosphere and welcome experienced scouters and families who have no previous scouting experience.
Our Pack (all scouts grades 1 through 5) meets four times each year. In addition, we camp as a Pack once each fall and spring, march in two parades, and hike and bike throughout the year. Our Pack is led by a committee of adult volunteers.
Our Dens (consisting of 6-10 scouts of a single grade and single gender) generally meet twice per month. During den meetings, scouts work to complete rank adventures. Dens are led by an adult volunteer den leader and assistant den leader.
We depend on adult volunteers to provide a high-quality program to our youth. Therefore, we ask that each family volunteer for at least one Pack or Den level position.
Steps to Join Pack 14
- Register with BSA. Go to my.scouting.org and register the scout (not the parent) with BSA. You will pay the annual dues to BSA as part of the registration.
- Pay Pack Dues. In addition to national dues, we have Pack dues that pay for Pack events. A link to pay Pack dues is on our payments page.
- Register for Scoutbook. The Pack uses Scoutbook for most pack and den communications. To receive a Scoutbook invitation, please e-mail parent contact info (Names, email, cell number) to our Pack Committee Chair Chris Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org . Chris will send you an email invitation to join Scoutbook.
- Subscribe to the Pack 14 calendar. This will automatically add pack events to your phone or computer calendar. Many dens also have separate calendars.
- Purchase Uniform and Handbook. The Class A uniform (hat, neckerchief, shirt) is worn for formal events and may be purchased online or in person at the Scout Shop, 12500 North IH 35, Austin, TX 78753. Many new scouts like to pick out their uniform in person. For informal events like hikes and campouts, scouts often wear the Class B orange shirts, available for purchase at Pack events and on the payments page.
- Take Youth Protection Training. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all scouting participants. BSA Youth Protection Training (YPT) is required for all adults participating in Pack activities. To take YPT, go to scouting.org and click on the New To Scouting link and take the BSA Youth Protection Training online course. Please email your completed certificate to email@example.com.