Thank you for considering joining Pack 14. We have an active Cub Scout program combining adventure with a relaxed South Austin atmosphere. We welcome experienced scouters and families who have no previous scouting experience.
Our Pack (all scouts grades 1 through 5) meets four times each year. In addition, we camp as a Pack once each fall and spring and hike and bike throughout the year. Our Pack is led by a committee of adult volunteers.
Our Dens (consisting of 6-12 scouts of a single grade and single gender) generally meet twice per month. During den meetings, scouts work to complete rank adventures. Dens are led by an adult volunteer den leader and assistant den leader.
Pack 14 is an all-volunteer organization, and we depend on adult volunteers to provide a high-quality program to our youth. Therefore, we ask that each family volunteer for at least one Pack or Den level position.
Steps to Join Pack 14
- Register with BSA. Go to my.scouting.org and register the scout (not the parent) with BSA. You will pay the prorated annual BSA national dues for the remainder of the current year as part of this registration.
- Pay Pack Dues. We collect Pack dues ($150) each fall. A portion of those dues ($66/scout) covers the cost of national BSA dues for the coming year. In addition to national dues, we have Pack dues that pay for some of our pack and den events. A link to pay Pack dues is on our payments page.
- Join Scoutbook. The Pack uses Scoutbook for most pack and den communications. Once BSA connects your scout’s registration to our pack, we will send you an invitation to join Scoutbook. If you have questions about Scoutbook, please email Pack Committee Chair Jennie Hoelscher at email@example.com. You will receive an email from Jennie to join Scoutbook.
- Subscribe to the Pack 14 calendar. This will automatically add pack events to your phone or computer calendar. Many dens also have separate calendars.
- Purchase Uniform and Handbook. Many of our scouts wear the “Class A” uniform (hat, neckerchief, shirt) for formal events, and you may purchase that online or in person at the Scout Shop, 12500 North IH 35, Austin, TX 78753. For informal events like hikes and campouts, scouts often wear the Class B orange shirts, available for purchase at Pack events and on the payments page.
- Take Youth Protection Training. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all scouting participants. BSA Youth Protection Training (YPT) is required for all adults participating in Pack activities. To take YPT, go to scouting.org and click on the New To Scouting link and take the BSA Youth Protection Training online course. Please email your completed certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.